Saturday, January 17, 2015

Connecting the Dots


I read an interesting article about creativity this morning on a blog called "The Unbound Spirit".  The author pointed out something that made so much sense to me because I realized that when I'm in my studio I do this all the time --but I never gave it a name.  He said that a part of the creative process is the ability to just be willing to start out and "connect the dots".  This card is a perfect example. 

I've been making Valentine cards and came across this die for the word "love".  I thought it would look pretty if it was made out of watercolored paper in shades of pink to a vibrant red. (Kuretake Gansai watercolors of course.)  I made this word one evening when I was bored and not particularly inspired and the "love" laid around on my desk for a few days, as I was not sure what I would do with it.  I happened to be thumbing through my collection of dies for another project and came across this lacy and intricate die from PTI and the dots just connected.  The delicate and elegant die-cut balanced the bold and colorful word "love" perfectly!  

This is not the most technically sophisticated card, but there's great beauty to be had in some very simple things, don't you think?  


Cardstock:  PTI Stampers Select White
Die:  "Love" Simon Says Stamp, Lace "Delicate Details" PTI


No comments:

Post a Comment