Monday, December 4, 2017

Make It Monday -Fan Brush Trees


It has been ages since I've done a MIM challenge - but I couldn't resist this one!  Winter trees are my favorite Christmas card image,  I love to use watercolors when I can.  AND I actually own 2 fan brushes!!  The fan brush makes it easy to create a dappled effect for trees and grasses.  
Used PTI Enchanted Evening for the mat and card.  The sentiment come from "Ways to Say - Merry Christmas,
Some glitter makes the snow come alive. Loved making this!  

One more Christmas card done!                                                                            

19 comments:

  1. This is incredible! Gorgeous scene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ~ This is stunning!!! It should be framed and placed where everyone can see it. You did a fabulous job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birgit, thanks so much for your kind words! I'm glad I gave this a try!

      Delete
  3. Corinna, thanks for your kind words! Gives me courage to do more with straight watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched Betsy's video and I LOVE how your scene turned out! So wintry and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! What a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! Great job, and good luck~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and your trees are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Swoon!!!! Take my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...this is absolutely GORGEOUS Polly!! Like frame worthy! Can definitely tell you've done this a few times and it is just stunning! Well done!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is quite simply...fantastic!!! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my! Your trees have great depth and texture! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS winter scene you created, Polly. Love how your trees are painted ~ I am feeling the need to practice quite a bit more! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice! I love the dark ground, and the detail in your horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful scenic card- love all the extra shadows and background you added

    ReplyDelete
  15. You’ve done this before...I’m guessing =) what lovely trees! It’s fun how they are a different style of tree.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow these looks amazing, I cant wait to git it a try

    ReplyDelete