Color Blocking - the last project of the day. This time I did take a few short cuts. We'd been at it for around 15 hours and I was not up for exact and precise measurements etc. I die cut my soup cans and used Copics to do the backgrounds. I'm pooped! We took a selfie with some of our cards and were laughing hysterically. It was such a fun day, dashing around, hunting down stamps, dies, papers and every kind of glue and tape and watercolors and inks and Copics! And we made some good cards along the way.
Saturday, July 23, 2016
Watercolor is my favorite medium and this was so much fun and easy to do. Kay Miller did a lovely job with her first "official" video demonstration. I followed the basic color scheme, but chose some brighter shades of pink and green. This is one of my favorites, for sure!
The 2PM challenge was "Masterpiece Recreation" - my eyes went to Kay Miller's card, based on Georgia O'Keeffe. I love large floral designs. I also used watercolor and then I superimposed the Peony coverplate over it. I liked the contrast between the loose watercolors and the firm design of the coverplate.
Melissa Phillips' designs are always such an inspiration for me. My friend Barb and I actually have coined the phrase, "I'm going to Melissa this..." Which always means going 4 or 5 star steps with more laters, more textures and more colors and more embellishments!
This was a mad dash for us because there were so many layers etc.
The Challenge for this hour was to create a starry night sky, inspired by a Van Gogh painting, When the video for this challenge was finished, we both had the Kleenex out! It was so beautifully done.
I loved how this one turned out and I coouldn't add any thread or sequins, I think it would have taken away from from the beauty of the sky, I was very fortunate to have recently visited my sister Penny, where we played a lot with watercolors. Penny showed me some techniques about watercolors and sky.
Friday, July 22, 2016
My best friend Barb and I have been counting the days to Stamp Affaire --and here it is at last!
The first challenge was to choose a color recipe. Mine contained Hawwaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry and Harvest Gold. We could see that all the color sets were designed to take us out of our comfort zone. Melon Berry is too dull for me so I just used it for the center of one flower and focused on the Harvest Gold. I used Copics for the sentiment. I didn't think I'd like this at all, but now I think the design is pretty good