Saturday, October 18, 2014

Autumn Leaves



I'm so in love with the Kuretaki Gansai watercolors that arrived last month!  I've never seen watercolors with so much brilliance and so many true shades of red, the most elusive color for any paint --especially for watercolor.   I had the idea to make a whole bunch of fall leaves with them.  I took a watercolor block of paper, sprayed it with a mini-mister and proceeded to just make yummy big splotches of fall colors, cut them with PTI's set of leaf Print dies, and used them to make a bunch of Fall-themed cards.  They are so gorgeous, don't you think?


These two are for dear friends whom I visited on a recent trip to Northern California.  I had such a special time visiting some of my favorite places - Santa Rosa, Auburn (in the foothills of the mountains - "Gold Country" -  Muir Woods, Mendocino and a great drive up the coast on Hwy 1 in the most comfortable and fun car I've ever driven, a red Chevvy Cruz.  And lots of wine-tastings!  Best of all was connecting with the people I love, even if they all were cheering for the Giants to beat the St. Louis Cardinals!



No comments:

Post a Comment