Sunday, January 4, 2015

On its way to Austria


The other day I received an elaborate Christmas card from the Austrian Student who stayed with my daughter's family for the school year in 2014.  She went to the trouble to find a very fancy card with all kinds of embellishments that really looked hand-made, and she took the time to write the sweetest note to me.  Our major adventure together was a trip to Onondonga Caves where we explored giant underground caverns with a Park Ranger.  We had the whole place toourselves because we arrived in the late afternoon and I'm sure it was the longest single walk that I'v done since the two hip replacements.

You never know how much your actions will affect another person.  I was so surprised and deeply touched by her words of appreciation --and that amidst all the social and holiday activity that would surround a 17-year old, she still took the time to get the card and write to me.

This card above is the one I'm sending to her.  Yes, watercolors again.  How I love pure color and what you can do with watercolors.  Looks perfect for a teenager!

Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Aquarelle Arches watercolor paper
Ink: Ranger Archival Black
Image:  PTI Big Hugs
Kuretake Tambi watercolors

No comments:

Post a Comment