Sunday, December 28, 2014

Winter Sunset



I came across this image last summer and thought it was stunning.  I used watercolor paper and my Kuretake watercolors to make the sky and then used this Penny Black rubber cling stamp along with some Copic pens for the trees.  The dark purple mat and lavendar frame sets off the colors of the sunrset sky perfectly.  (I must have tried dozens of combinations before I came up with this one!)

I think that during the winter one of the loveliest sights is the delicate tracery of bare branches against the sky - especially at sunset.  I made this card just because I thought it would be beautiful, and I wasn't sure if I would ever send it away.  But at this time of year that's supposed to be filled with joy, a friend suffered the terrible loss of her son.  

I mailed it to her,  along with my thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment