Friday, December 19, 2014

Time to Take Care of Yourself


I've been immersed in Christmas Card making for the last month or so - haven't posted any of my favorites yet until I mailed them all.  

Meanwhile, I have a friend who has lost her mother after a long haul with Alzheimer's.  I found it hard to send a "sympathy" card because I feel that both she and her mom are finally free after a long hard journey.  And this morning the perfect idea arrived.  This card is all about taking care of oneself.
This set of images and dies has been waiting for me for more than a month and it sends the perfect message.  The little tea bag tag dangles from the cup and in addition to "popping" the mug out with foam tape, I added some shading with a grey Copic pen.  And the polka dot paper is perfect for a cheery background that matches my little flowers.  

Best of all, inside there is a little pocket iinsie theis card containing a Wild Sweet Orange teabag from Tazo. The scent is divine!  The message is clear - "You did a great job - now it's time to take care of yourself.  Rest. Recuperate."


Die Cut mug:  PTi Cuppa Love
Images: PTI Cuppa Love
Inks: PTI Orange Zest, New Leaf, Summer Sunrise
Various Copic pens 
Paper:  Polka Dot Summer Sunrise (PTI)

No comments:

Post a Comment