Sunday, December 21, 2014

Santa And His Sleigh



This is another one of my favorites from this year's collection.  When I was growing up, I lived in the same town as Norman Rockwell, the marvelous painter of American Life in the 40's and 50's.  Stockbridge Massachusetts is still the classic New England village that was painted on the cover of the Saturday Evening Post so many years ago.  I love this card because it also captures the essence of that tradition --the red holly berries and ribbon, the snow and evergreens, a starry night sky, and of course-- Santa and Rudolph.  

From a paper-crafting point of view, this card has lots of layers, some "bling" on Rudolph's red nose, gold touches with a gel pen, satin ribbon and I got to use my Kuretake watercolors!  

Cardstock:  PTI Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream
Paper:  Graphic 45
Image:  PTI Santa's Sleigh
Uniball Gold Impact Gel Pen
Kuretake Watercolors

No comments:

Post a Comment